Friday, December 13, 2013

St. Louis, Charlotte and Chapel Hill- the last 3 weeks



Oh my. It has been far too long.
I would hope that you are not thinking that I got off the sauce, saw the errors of my ways and started drinking Green Tea to cleanse my system of the Devil’s Brew.








NOPE.







I’ve just been caught up in a little holiday time, travel for work and in an effort to stay warm in the deep freeze that overtook the U.S., enjoyed a little antifreeze I like to call the Neighborhood Collaboration Imperial Stout.

I was in St. Louis for Thanksgiving and a little too happy to say that in three nights, my brother and I closed down three bars. You see, when home with the family, you need to choose your battles wisely and pick your social time based on the needs of the many. In other words, when everyone else goes to sleep, that’s when we go out and hit the town, I mean, discuss family matters of importance.

In past years we had to go on a “Grocery Run”, to get just an hour or three of sanity. This year we just started having beers at around 10pm and then finishing about 3-4 beers later at 1:30ish in the morning. Why not…

So while in St. Louis, we hit three bars on three nights, drank local St. Louis brews and were fortunate enough to find some relatively good prices.  For example:

Llywelyn’s- Central West End $3- $3.50 a pint.
Urban Chestnut STL IPA
Six Row Prince in Exile

 
Bar Louie                                 $2 drafts all night
Schafly Winter ESB



 
International Tap House- Central West End- Normal pricing $5- $8 glass

Unbroque Maudite
N’Ice Chouffe
Boulevard Tank 7


Beer brought by Joel- Hotel Room- Free
 
Bells Winter White
3 Floyds Pride and Joy

 
 

Made my way to North Carolina for work.  Besides a good site for the race we found Kickstand and the Common Market in Charlotte and Fullsteam Brewery and the Orange County Social Club in the Chapel Hill/ Durham area. Many Local Beers from North Carolina were had and they were all good.

NoDa Hop Drop and Roll
Triple C 3C IPA
Four Friends Uptown Brown
Birdsong Carolina Common
NODA Drop Dead Gordgeous
Triple C Baby Maker
La Trappe Jubilaris
Mcauslins Oatmeal Stout
Triangle IPA

Fullsteam Rocket Science
Fullsteam Fullsteam Amber
Fullsteam Fearrington Winter Cask
Evil Twin Ryan and the Beaster Bunny



216

No comments:

Post a Comment