Thursday, October 17, 2013

Troegs in PA and Confluence in IA

Recently I was driving across the country from New Jersey to Colorado. Along the way I was able to hit two breweries.






















Troegs Brewery- Hershey, PA- about 10 minutes south of I-76
I was able to enjoy an expanded taster tray of 7 beers. They also have food, which you can order and then return to drinking, I mean tasting, the beer.



Here are the beers that I sampled...
 
Hopback Amber Ale
 
Trogenator
 
Perpetual IPA
 
Dreamweaver Wheat
 
Troegs Pale Ale
 
Javahead Stout
 
Scratch #116 Fresh Hop



 
The highlights were the Fresh Hop IPA which was one of their small batch beers and the food. I had a really fantastic slow roasted pork sandwich. 


Confluence Brewing- Des Moines, IA- about 5 minutes south of I-235

Highlights include hanging with friends and eating pizza, the Des Moines IPA and every beer I sampled was good. 

The beers that I sampled:

Des Moines IPA
Gray's Lake Nessie
Oktoberfest
Thomas Beck
 
I would be remiss if I didn't mention the random beers I had while watching football in Harrisburg, PA and at lunch with my brother in Oak Brook, IL. All were good and they include:
 
Great Lakes Burning River Pale Ale
Victory Headwaters IPA
Two Brothers Domaine DuPage
 


131

No comments:

Post a Comment